In the case of an emergency, Dwight Veterinary Clinic is available to help during open hours. During after hours, there is always a veterinarian on-call and ready to assist you. Do not hesitate to call us if you believe your pet needs urgent medical attention! Even if your pet’s life is not in danger, your pet may need to be seen before an available appointment time. Your pet’s health and safety matters to us! We will make sure to fit you in between scheduled appointments during office hours.
Please call us at (815) 584-2732 or come in immediately. If possible, we ask that you call prior to walking in so we can advise you on your pet’s particular emergency.
The following are symptoms that could potentially be serious and warrant immediate consultation with a veterinarian if your pet:
- Is having difficulty breathing
- Is having irregular or bloody bowel movements
- Is vomiting (especially with blood)
- Is having trouble urinating or is vocalizing while urinating
- Is bleeding excessively
- Is acting erratically or biting at imaginary objects
- Is having a seizure or loss of balance
- Has suffered heatstroke or severe dehydration
- Is visibly in pain or panting heavily
- Has had diarrhea for more than 24 hours straight
- Has eaten/swallowed a foreign object(s)
- Has eaten/swallowed a poisonous substance
- Has suffered serious trauma or injury
- Seems to have lost its sight (sudden blindness)
- Is unconscious
- Has a swollen abdomen that appears painful when touched
- Is experience unusual swelling
- Is pregnant and having difficulty delivering puppies or kittens
Or anything else that is unusual or worrisome to you!